Thursday, November 15, 2007

Toxic Exposure Advisory

Open Letter To The Los Angeles Fire Department
Health Hazard Material Division

Dear Sir/Madam;

I just read the notice posted at room 148 (XXXXX) and I am compelled to write this message...Please forward this advisory to anyone you know that may have had a toxic exposure (chronic low level).

In the event you feel you may have suffered a toxic exposure it is highly important to remove yourself from the area (building) especially if you feel you are sensing any 'phantom' oders as an aftermath.

You may or may not get support from your medical providers, however, it is best to avoid taking any medication unless it is of vital need. In some cases you may develop allergy to medication.

Sensitization is a highly individualized reaction, but there are steps to take to lower your environmental toxic load. Symptoms may include but are not limited to: nausea, headache, sleep impairment, memory impairment, audio/visiual abberations, cardio-pulmonary irregularities/conditions, rashes, allergies, sensitivity to light,sound, hot/cold...

Any one or combination of the following measures is helpful and will not do any harm;

  • Drink 100% Cranberry juice (no additives or presevatives) either straight or can be diluted up to 1:4 ratio with purified water to assist your body in clearing out toxins. Make it your drink of choice for a while. (found at Trader Joes and Whole Foods)

  • Take flax meal (added to cereals or meals) regularly (about 2 Tablespoons per day)

  • Take High Lignan Flax Oil (up to 2 Tbs per day), may be used for salad dressing, to support your liver function. (do not cook with it, heatingdestroys its integrity)

  • If your exposure was to heavy metals, add cilantro to your diet, in sauces and marinades, as seasoning or add to salads (it has been medically proven to sweep out heavy metals from the body).

  • Whenever possible use organic, whole food, and no or low hormone/anti-biotic meat and dairy and drink only purified water/not tap.
  • Adding a cleansing bath to your food prepartion will also lower the toxic load in your body and help your immunity. Simply add 1 tsp Clorox bleach to 4 Gallons of water and dip any raw foods 10-20 seconds in the bath before using. (DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BLEACH, only CLOROX traditional bleach will break down to harmless salts in the water).

Sensitization due to toxic exposure may be insidious and difficult to deal with once immunity breaks down and the blood-brain barrier is breached, so please take this advise seriously.

The current state of knowledge regarding toxic exposure is changing, one recent title you may want to read: "Invisible Killers, The TruthBehind Environmental Genocide" by Deisch and Lonky,MD.

If you know anyone else who may benefit from this message, please pass it on.

Best of Health and Good Luck.